Path to Shatterdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Path to Shatterdown

The Furious Sun ended the reign of Man-As-God.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inRegister

Tick Props

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TerrestrialFlux

Tick Props Empty
PostSubject: Tick Props   Tick Props I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Well,it looked like everyone was in the box for it,but recap!

I'm planning out making real Tick prosthetics/props for everyone.Plastic and latex(latex if it's wanted).
I thought a latex base would be awesome,so you could simply glue it on like the Dez-doodle.

Once I've got the stuff to make them,I'll ask everyone to tell me whether they's like it with the base,as a bracelet(in which case I'll make a metallic band for them),or the tick alone to adhere with the latex/TP method.
If you want a base,I'll leave it unpainted so you can do it yourself to get a good skin color match.(Latex painting:Mix acrylic paint into a bit of latex.)
Mythee is a saint and has revealed where mirror paint can be got to get the chrome look.

Post questions,requests,and evrything else.
Back to top Go down
http://jani-okama.deviantart.com
Riparian
GM
Riparian

Character sheet
Name:: Rip
Classification: caffeinated

Tick Props Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Props   Tick Props I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Okay since this sounds like a serious awesome project, I HAVE STICKIED IT.

Also I am so excited for these things DDD%
Back to top Go down
http://wrathmorphic.tumblr.com
Roonie

Roonie

Character sheet
Name:: Roonie//Toko
Classification: Procrastinator

Tick Props Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Props   Tick Props I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:27 pm

OOOOhhhhh my God, that's awesome I want one D%
Back to top Go down
http://roonie-o3o.deviantart.com
InkAbyss

InkAbyss

Tick Props Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Props   Tick Props I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:31 pm

I want one! I feel like we should compensate you a bit somehow. You know, at least pay you back for cost of materials/shipping... :<
Back to top Go down
Mythee
GM
Mythee

Character sheet
Name:: Mythee
Classification: Olioliolio

Tick Props Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Props   Tick Props I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:44 pm

I think I'm probably going to be fine paying for materials seeing as paint is not usually very expensive and I expect that I'll end up using it for other things than the Tick after the Tick stuff is done. If it ends up being so expensive that I worry about getting to eat food at AN though I might beg for people to chip in (though they don't necessarily have to!)

Since this is an awesome project and I worship Flux's epic crafting skills now (I do a lot of crafts but have to admit that I have no clue how I'd make something as geometrically regular as a Tick @v@ <33 ) I'm totally up for this, but before anybody gets serious and starts buying materials I think it's important to figure out how many people want one and are able to pay for shipping costs to themselves. o3o It's best to calculate approximate shipping costs beforehand for each person! n-n There's a postage calculator here, idk if it works.

By the size on the drawing, each tick "set" (you know, the big part and the two small parts) would probably fit into something small. And each tick is probably going to be sorta light.

Either way, this way I'll know whether I should buy just a lil bit of paint or a whole bunch of it, and Flux will know how much to buy, too. xP

EDIT: OH RIGHT SO. I'm in Quebec. So Flux has to calculate postage from her place to Quebec, and maybe we can all share the price for that (idk?) and you all have to calculate postage from Quebec to your places and from Flux's place to your places.

Why BOTH? Because if it's cheaper for everyone to get stuff delivered to them from Flux's place, it's best that I send the paint to Flux instead. xD
Back to top Go down
http://mythee.deviantart.com
TerrestrialFlux

Tick Props Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Props   Tick Props I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:10 pm

mythee wrote:
I think I'm probably going to be fine paying for materials seeing as paint is not usually very expensive and I expect that I'll end up using it for other things than the Tick after the Tick stuff is done. If it ends up being so expensive that I worry about getting to eat food at AN though I might beg for people to chip in (though they don't necessarily have to!)

Since this is an awesome project and I worship Flux's epic crafting skills now (I do a lot of crafts but have to admit that I have no clue how I'd make something as geometrically regular as a Tick @v@ <33 ) I'm totally up for this, but before anybody gets serious and starts buying materials I think it's important to figure out how many people want one and are able to pay for shipping costs to themselves. o3o It's best to calculate approximate shipping costs beforehand for each person! n-n There's a postage calculator here, idk if it works.

By the size on the drawing, each tick "set" (you know, the big part and the two small parts) would probably fit into something small. And each tick is probably going to be sorta light.

Either way, this way I'll know whether I should buy just a lil bit of paint or a whole bunch of it, and Flux will know how much to buy, too. xP

EDIT: OH RIGHT SO. I'm in Quebec. So Flux has to calculate postage from her place to Quebec, and maybe we can all share the price for that (idk?) and you all have to calculate postage from Quebec to your places and from Flux's place to your places.

Why BOTH? Because if it's cheaper for everyone to get stuff delivered to them from Flux's place, it's best that I send the paint to Flux instead. xD

YOU HAVE SMART.Yes.People who SERIOUSLY want one,post up and PM shipping info to me so all that can be hammered out ahead of time.
I think you should send the paint here,if people want the latex base,I'll have to paint the inside before putting the base on.

Anywho-YEE PROJECT.
Back to top Go down
http://jani-okama.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Tick Props Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tick Props   Tick Props I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tick Props
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Path to Shatterdown :: The Talk (OOC Board) :: Box of Talk-
Jump to: