Path to Shatterdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Path to Shatterdown

The Furious Sun ended the reign of Man-As-God.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inRegister

◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mythee
GM
Mythee

Character sheet
Name:: Mythee
Classification: Olioliolio

◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed. Empty
PostSubject: ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed.   ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:22 am

Note: Copy/pasted from another forum for convenience of Dirge members. xD

◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed. Galaxy
~Multifaceted Unique Zodiac~ Getcher astral Muse/familiar here!

MUZT HAVE MUZ *shot*
Muz is pronounced "Muse". For great justice. BD

This is sooo going to be a pretty thread with banners some day. Wait while I work on it, alright? xDD
Anyways, as a victim of zodiac sign oppositedom (I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU, PERSON WHO CREATED STAR SIGNS WHOEVER YOU AAARRRE) I was thinking of creating a new zodiac... one that would make each person UNIQUE , as they should be. MUFUFUFU >83 And guess what? I want it to be about 9001 TIMES MORE EPIC than any other zodiac. Why?

Quote :
Muz don't represent your personality.
Geeze, I'm not so pretentious as to claim that I can know exactly how every person in the world has developed and grown into who they are today and what their future is and what their personality is and force all sorts of mistaken analysis's on them. BP

Muz are affected not only by the conditions of your birth, but by the conditions of your life so far as well.
Yeah, sure, you were born on a certain day in a certain year on a certain planet. But so were PLENTY of other people and INFINITE living things that aren't you. Time of birth does not make you unique, therefore your Muz is shaped by a lot of other factors- the factors that DO, in fact, make you unique.

Muz are unique to every person.
No one person is the same, and no one person's Muz is the same either! Admit it; this is so much more natural than forcing people into the mold of a limited number of categories, none of which might actually fit them.

Muz grow and change along with you as you live your life. They're not stale unalive symbols set in stone.
How you live will affect your Muz, how old you are will affect your Muz, even your personal tastes (8D!) will affect your Muz... and we all know that nobody can stay the same forever. We all move forwards. We all evolve.

Muz are your friends. 83
Yes. xD
Your Muz's entire existence is defined by YOU- without you, they wouldn't exist. Kind of... born soulmates. Isn't that cute? Though you might not get along with it, I hope you won't abuse it or anything, lawl~ THOUGH I KNOW I WILL XDD <3

Working-on-thread History/Timeline
Newest added stuff to below stuffs will be in red. If you want to get to the finished work just don't open the spoiler lol. If you want to know what's in here, it's basically a record of how I came to the results that gave me the Muz system. All the brainstorming n' stuff. YAY TRANSPARENCY!

Spoiler:

-------------------------working on it, guys. xD-------------------------

Determining Factor #1: TIME OF BIRTH -> AFFINITY

The most basic of basic. Can't have a zodiac without this, since every other zodiac has it... and was based off it.
What can these numbers determine, I wonder? Time is different in every part of the world, and means different seasons etc. in every part of the world. So we'll just take what it was like where you were born, since it's the only fair way to use it.

Essentially: Were you born under the sun? Were you born under the moon? Were you born when everyone was eating lunch? Maybe Pizza? *SHOT* xD; Check your birth certificate, the time should be there. o3o
Affinities will basically be light for day, dark for night and neutral for the transition stages between the two. Affinities will reflect your MUZ sign's general aura, and when it feels most comfortable. Think of it as diurnal (active during daytime) VS. nocturnal (active at night) VS. variable animals. (Humans = variable because we have messed up ever changing time schedules and we all sometimes end up sleeping during the whole day and staying awake at night even if we're not supposed to, lawl.) Though I'm talking about affinity, not sleeping habits. WHY DID I EXPLAIN IT THIS WAY xDD
ANYWAYS.
The earliest sunrise in the world is about 4:00 AM, and the latest sunrise is about 9:00 AM.
The earlist sunset is about 4:00 PM and latest sunset at about 9:00 PM. Which is really lol because it was the same for sunrises but I guess that makes sense. (Note: this is FOR THE PLANET EARTH guys, not for WHERE YOU LIVE. The variation would be a little intense for one part of the world to experience in a year. xD)
So here's how it goes.
4:00 AM - 8:59 AM : Neutral affinity
9:00 AM - 3:59 PM : Light affinity
4:00 PM - 8:59 PM : Neutral affinity
9:00 PM - 3:59 PM : Dark affinity

Determining Factor #2: MONTH OF BIRTH -> Composition and Temperament
Little physical quirks and attitude quirks your MUZ may express at varying degrees~ Since MUZ are of astral origin according to the fact that I'm using freaking MESSIER OBJECTS [galaxies, nebulae, star clusters and such] for this whole thing, they absolutely do not. Originate. From Earth.
I used constellations as landmarks- I mean spacemarks- to position these guys in the right months, okay? IT MAKES SENSE TO ME D8
Here's the little story... Muz are born from astral origins, but each Muz that is born linked to a living being who is capable of receiving it immediately, thus the different-regions-of-space-availability-change-with-each-month. So when you are born, it comes into existence from certain fabrics somewhere in the universe and hurries to your side as a glob of astral fabric. You yourself are not a very complex being at birth- but as you become more complex, so does your Muz. Yet, whatever it was born from will always remain an influence on it. Physical characteristics like size, density and spirit-ish glow will be affected more concretely in the beginning, but mental quirks might express themselves more or less at any time (in other words, consider them a suggestion more than a rule.)

January muz are medium sized and have a completely solid composition. They are semi-transparent [like a spirit] during the day and glow very faintly in the dark. They can be sneaky and mischievous.
February muz are enormous and mostly gaseous in composition. They glow in the dark, with eyes that glow even during the day. They are observant, but may act detached.
March muz are medium sized, completely solid and glow in the dark. They can be charismatic and are always reliable. ...As a matter of fact, they usually LOOK reliable... (as in, strong. n-n)
April muz are medium sized, completely solid and glow in the dark. They are usually discreet in appearance or attitude but friendly and admirable.
May muz are medium sized and obscenely bright! They are completely gaseous and glow brightly even during the day. They are always colorful, very dedicated and loyal, though single-minded.
June muz are medium sized and once again, completely gaseous. It glows at night in colors ranging from dark red to bright orange. During the day, it glows faintly. They have the most complex muz composition, as they are pretty much either born in twins or sharing two personalities [in other words, bipolar.] I hope yours are twins. xDD *bricked* Their relationship to their human counterpart can be... complicated.
July muz are small and only visible at night, when they glow. Even then, they are transparent. They are the closest thing to an actual spirit among muz, as they are the least dense. They are also the most gentle and wise of muz and are very empathic... count yourself lucky if you have one. ;3
August muz are medium sized and completely solid. They glow fiery colors at night, and their personalities are usually fiery as well, often in the mood for a fight or challenge, which can result in injury- though they are usually good at what they do and work well in a team.
September muz are LARGE and completely solid. They mostly have an either round or curvy appearance and are very energetic. They glow at night.
October muz are small-ish to medium sized, mostly solid, as they have certain gaseous features (of your choice.) These gaseous features are the only part of them that glow. Their personalities can be obscure.
November muz are small-ish, completely gaseous and glow blue both at night and during the day [though not blindingly.] They are often cute and can get very attached and clingy.
December muz are medium sized, though their gaseous extensions can make them appear larger. Both their solid and gaseous parts glow pinkish to reddish, though only at night. The gaseous extensions of their body are dense and large, and their shapes vary. December muz are most humanlike in temperament and are drawn to people and other muz.

Determining Factor #3: YEAR OF BIRTH -> Age

Your MUZ grows along with you. It was born at the same time so it's always the same age as you! So you've got baby Muz, child Muz, teenage Muz, adult Muz, elderly Muz... lol. xD You can expect the Muz to reach its full size at adulthood and to be smaller and/or less visible at childhood.

Determining Factor #4: BLOOD ORIGINS -> Animal Structure
Sounds morbid doesn't it? xD Well, it really isn'tttt
ANYWAYS~ Here's something for your consideration <3
National Animals list
So, guess what? Each country has a national animal. Find the country of your blood origins. That will be the basic shape of your MUZ beastie. Let yourself be inspired by it, but don't let it limit you too badly- just keep in mind that it will at least have to be recognizable by group. As in, if you start with a moose, you won't end up with a bird. xDD
What happens if your blood origin's country has more than one animal in it? You can pick between them, OR you can mix them up. It's up to you! n-n
What happens if you're mixed blood yourself? THEN YOU MIX THE TWO OR MORE ANIMALS FROM THE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES OF ORIGINNNN. The bigger your mix, the more parts you'll have to switch out or add in. Good luck with that! I know I'll have to do it when I make my MUZ. xD;;; *dies*

Determining Factor #5: CLIMATE -> Skin Type
◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed. Climate_map
Which climate are you most familiar with? Calculate where you've lived most of your life. If you've lived the most years in a certain climate, that will be your MAIN climate. If you've lived about half of your life in a climate and half in the other, go ahead and mix it up half/half in whichever way you want. NO, you can't just pick one of the two. MIX EM UP BECAUSE YOU'RE A MIXED CLIMATE PERSON OKAY. =P

Tropical = Shells (ex.: The shells of lobsters, the shells of oysters, the shells of turtles, the shells of beetles and bugs, the hard carapace of an armadillo or a pangolin- they all fit into this category. They can be a fine natural armor, harder than rock- they can be a natural defense, like a spiked shell. In another kind of case they can be very flexible and soft, allowing for diverse changing of your own shape.)
Dry = Scales (ex.: lizards, snakes and fish all have them- heck, look at a chicken's feet, those can count as scales too! They share a lot of the same uses and abilities as shells.)
Temperate = Feathers (ex.: birds and...*THINKTHINK* feathered dinosaurs have them XD I don't think I need to describe feathers, but... let's just say they're the lightest of all skin types, providing defense against temperature and water but not against much else. THEY'RE NEAT YOU CAN FLUFF THEM UP AND SHED THEM SO THAT PEOPLE CAN COLLECT TEH PRETTY FEATHERS AND STUFF. They can't be used as armor, that's for sure... but they are very beautiful and diverse, and you can FLY WITH THEM which is totally a rad deal I'm telling you *thumbs up* 8DD)
Cold = Fur (ex.: Cats and dogs and squirrels and- oh, you know the whole deal. Fur comes in a very wide variety of appearances and types, like feathers, but they are heavier and can be a slightly better defense if in sufficient layers and toughness. Though nothing rivals the defense that shells can provide. Um... fur requires grooming most of the time. ...What else can I say? xD; )
Polar = Blubber+aquatic skin/aquatic fur (ex.: whales and seals have it. Scratch the shells=ultimatedefensecapability comment, I think blubber is an AWESOME defense. It takes a very... persistent and LARGE-SHARP-TOOTHED predator to hunt something with blubber, since getting through those tough hides and extra layers of blubber is a challenge they might not even be able to clear anyways... You know all those pictures of hippos and whales with gashes all over? It's not as bad as it looks. Since the BLUBBER COULD NOT BE DEFEATED, so the innards are safe. XDD It provides temperature resistance and lets you swim extremely well, since it has magical floating powers and whatnot, yannow? )

Determining Factor #6: YOUR PERSONALITY, DESIGN SENSE AND TASTES -> Markings

So despite the main body color being somewhere in the range of the messier objects from the months thing, your own tastes in colors and patterns makes this aspect of the MUZ completely up to you. You design its markings and the colors of its markings. :3 The only thing it needs to represent is "what you like".
Back to top Go down
http://mythee.deviantart.com
Mythee
GM
Mythee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed.   ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:29 am

on other forum wrote:

Lemme lay the groundwork for my own Muz OvO It'll also help to show other peeps how they can do it, methinks? xD
Spoiler:

I haven't ever actually finished its design yet. xD
But I will eventually! OvO
Back to top Go down
InkAbyss

InkAbyss

PostSubject: Re: ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed.   ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:03 pm

This looks cooooool OvO I will make one as soon as I have the time.

Oh, and when you say pick a animal of the country your blood origins you mean, like if I'm irish but born in america pick ireland not an american animal right?
Back to top Go down
Mythee
GM
Mythee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed.   ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Oops, sorry for the late reply! o-o;;

Glad you like, also! 8'DD Yesh, blood origins is what I meant. The places you've lived shows from the skin/fur/scales/etc. type. :3 This coating or outer composition is kind of a metaphor for culture, though your MUZ's basic shape being determined by blood origins is a metaphor for your basic appearance IRL being determined by genetics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed.   ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ The return of MUZ ◐ ◑ ◒ ◓ Dirge Ed.
Page 1 of 1